Robert,

Great Britain does *not* include Ireland neither Northern Ireland nor the Repulic of Ireland, and never has. Great Britain comprises only England, Scotland and Wales. Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, but the Republic has not been since 1921/22. Great Britain should not be confused with the British Isles which includes all 5, (and more) and is nor never has been a country, but simply a geographical area.

If you wish to accurately name our locations then I suggest that a study be made of http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jimella/counties.htm

As you know, we are old and established countries, and have therefore a long history of development during which there have been many changes in names dating back to pre Roman times (AD50 - AD410), whilst these may prove to be somewhat confusing to non-Brits. they have a long history.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England

Robert Carneal USA wrote:
As you know, Legacy is optimized for four part locations. But you can
enter more than that if you want. GEO just will not find it.

You could enter something like (and I am exaggerating):
Brownsville, Apple Parish, Northern Earth, Countryside, England,
Earth

If you want to. That is six parts. Will GEO find that? Not by a long
shot, but it works. Some people use a location like this:
Palestine Cemetery, Paducah, McCracken County, Kentucky, USA

Yes it works, but it won't sort properly with the other locations, so
I alter that a little bit. Instead I use:
Palestine Cemetery, McCracken County, Kentucky, USA

And that is also four parts.

This is personal preferance, but to me anyway, Great Britain includes
England, Ireland, & Scotland. By avoiding "Great Britain" and using
either England, Ireland, or Scotland instead, you pretty much narrow
down the area. I *try* to avoid using "Great Britain" for that
reason.  But it comes down to this: What do *you* prefer? Decide and
use that.

You didn't ask but for that census you provided, I would use (Again
this is personal preferance):
Ecclesiastical Parish of Christ Church Chatburn, Civil Parish of
Chatburn, Lancaster, England.

But that is entirely up to you.

Does this help?

Robert