From: k...@legacyfamilytree.com [mailto:k...@legacyfamilytree.com] On
Behalf Of Robert Carneal USA
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:10 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Locations in England

As you know, Legacy is optimized for four part locations. But you can
enter more than that if you want. GEO just will not find it.

You could enter something like (and I am exaggerating):
Brownsville, Apple Parish, Northern Earth, Countryside, England, Earth

If you want to. That is six parts. Will GEO find that? Not by a long
shot, but it works. Some people use a location like this:
Palestine Cemetery, Paducah, McCracken County, Kentucky, USA

Yes it works, but it won't sort properly with the other locations, so
I alter that a little bit. Instead I use:
Palestine Cemetery, McCracken County, Kentucky, USA

And that is also four parts.

This is personal preferance, but to me anyway, Great Britain includes
England, Ireland, & Scotland. By avoiding "Great Britain" and using
either England, Ireland, or Scotland instead, you pretty much narrow
down the area. I *try* to avoid using "Great Britain" for that
reason.  But it comes down to this: What do *you* prefer? Decide and use
that.

You didn't ask but for that census you provided, I would use (Again
this is personal preferance):
Ecclesiastical Parish of Christ Church Chatburn, Civil Parish of
Chatburn, Lancaster, England.

But that is entirely up to you.

Does this help?

Robert

At 2009-10-18  09:04 AM, you wrote:
>I have a copy of a 1901 England census from Ancestry.com and the
>location is:
>Administrative County: Lancaster
>Civil Parish of Chatburn
>Ecclesiastical Parish of Christ Church Chatburn.
>
>How would I list this in the Location field of Legacy in keeping with
>the recommendation for 4 fields (city; county; state or province;
>country)?  Also, would the country be England or United Kingdom?
>
>I tried a couple of options but when I clicked on the Geo Location List
>button, it didn't seem to find it.
>

>Thanks,
>Brian

The information contained in this message is confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, dissemination or copying of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
delete the message from your system. Thank you.