Mike Fry wrote:
Angela Gabbard wrote:

Individual 1 - I enter an event, click on the source icon and using
the source writer create a source and the source detail.  [That is
all okay]

Then,
Individual 2 - I enter an event, click on the source icon and click
on 'cite a master source'.  Finding my source in the list I
highlight it.  I then can click select and it prompts me to enter
the source detail.  (it is here that I though Ron was suggesting
that I click 'save' on the source detail screen which is just
saving a blank detail screen.)

I just want to re-use the same source detail that I have already
recorded for individual #1.

Simple solution - before moving on to Individual 2, copy the source
detail to the Source Clipboard *and* copy the event to the Event
clipboard.

You can now add a duplicate event (including the same source
details) to Individual 2 with a minimum of mouse clicks. Click the
Add event button
on the Individual's Information screen, then, on the Add Event
screen, click on the blue '-' button to the left of the event
details, under the blue triangle button.

A different type of event can be added to individual 1 or 2 and the
source detail associated with it. See the two buttons underneath the
'Help' button on the Add Event or Edit Event screens? The one on the
left copies the current event + source information, to the Event
Clipboard. The one on the right, copies the event data from the
clipboard into the new event.

When you 'Cite a Source', you are in fact creating a new set of
source details from the same Master source.

--
Best regards,
Mike Fry

Which all goes to show one shouldn't rush. Sorry, Angela, I'm going away tonight, and should have included the copy to clipboard step. I would add to Mike's description, that using the 3 bars icon instead of the "-" will add the source to all fields in use *and* the Events in the box below.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England