Gene-

Yes, I am aware of that feature.  The diacritics I need to use are not
there, which is why I posted to the list in the first place.

Kristen-

Thank you very much for that link, but I'm afraid that the diacritics
I need are not there either.  The ones I need to use are listed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macron

It's the ones with the straight line over the letter.