Eric, it looks like the characters you need are a part of the extended
ASCII set which is the same problem for Asian languages. Basically,
what that means is that it takes the space of two characters to make
up a single letter.

Legacy doesn't seem to support double-byte characters. My wife's
computer is in Korean, and while all the normal English and
diacritical characters work in Legacy,  Korean characters won't.

If you're technically inclined, or know anything about HTML, there is
a chart on the WIKI site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macron) towards
the bottom of the page. It shows that all of your macrons are above
255 which is the highest number that is used for normal ASCII
characters.

I would suggest contacting Legacy Support to see if there is a version
for the language you are trying to use. There is an international page
on their website,
(http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/InternationalLegacyVersions.asp).

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Mike Fry <mike...@iafrica.com> wrote:

> Eric said the following on 2009/12/25 22:19:
> > Gene-
> >
> > Yes, I am aware of that feature.  The diacritics I need to use are not
> > there, which is why I posted to the list in the first place.
>
> What's wrong with using the Change button, within the Data Defaults panel to
> set up 8 of your own characters?
>
> --
> Regards & a Merry Xmas to All,
> Mike Fry
> Johannesburg
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
>
> Archived messages after Nov. 21 2009:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com/

>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergr...@legacyfamilytree.com/

Jim Walton
"...probe the past carefully and report it as it was,
not as I wish it were" From Evidence Explained
by Elizabeth Shown Mills