Liked John's idea for events, but interested in what John might do with a
grantee deed.

Thanks,Diane
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Mann
  To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
  Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 5:48 PM
  Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Event Description

  I do it that way, too, John.

  From: John Roose [mailto:jbro...@gmail.com]
  Sent: Monday, January 11, 2010 8:37 PM
  To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com

  Rick -

  I've been using Legacy since before training videos. Some of my "old ways"
I've changed because of the videos, LUG, the instruction book and the Help
files.

  However, I continue to do one thing that works for me: I do not use a
"census" event. Nor do I use a "Tax list" event; nor a "City Directory" event.
I use a "Residence" event - it's important to me to know who lived where, when.
Thus, I use the "description" field to enter Census, tax list, city directory,
etc.

  Just my way.

  Regards, John