For me, this is a brilliant approach. It gives you the freedom to say
what you want, how you want to, and revise it at the drop of a hat; all
in one place.
I think people get sucked into doing things because they can. As John
implies you don't have to use every tool in the toolbox.
Legacy is a fantastic comprehensive and flexible bit of software that
you can tailor to your needs (objectives) provided you have given them
some thought and not just jumped in to use every option.

Whether my great grand children can satisfy their idle curiosity by
finding my files to read is another issue. I'm doing family history as a
here and now hobby. For me it's the equivalent of a murder mystery
weekend, with less murder.