From: S. Fry <azg...@rsib.net>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Sun, February 7, 2010 4:39:06 PM
Subject: Re: [BULK] RE: [LegacyUG] Advice on Sourcing of marriage record

I often use and save the digital images from "Missouri Marriage Records,
1805-2002," at Ancestry.com and like Connie, I find the images problematic
for the reasons she stated. I use other sources to find the book number and
only look at the transcriptions to see how Ancestry has  dealt with the
sometimes difficult handwriting.

But this isn't about Ancestry.com; it's about how to source the material
from Ancestry.com. I use SourceWriter template for Marriage records > Found
in governmental records > Marriage registers > Created at the county level >
Online images

Here is how I fill in the fields for the master source:
Source List Name: Marriage Records - Missouri 1805 - 2002
Jurisdiction State:  Missouri
Jurisdiction County: [I leave this blank because I don't want 114 Master
Sources for Missouri's 114 counties!]
Series: Missouri Marriage Records, 1805 - 2002
Format:  Digital images
Website Creator:  Ancestry.com
Website Title:  [I leave this blank as it seems redundant to repeat
"Ancestry.com" or "Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002"]