From: William Boswell [mailto:whb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:09 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Re: Email problems

The OP could have had a similar problem as I did about a week ago where you
subscribed, but would not receive any messages or they were delayed several
days.  I couldn't figure out if it was a Gmail thing or people just weren't
posting and typically this list is busy every day.

I'm think the error message was probably something generated from his IP akin
to what was quoted.

I also don't think the move to Google servers was the best idea.  It seems to
have issues that might be more related to Google.

As for assuring that you are responding to a message using the appropriate
email address, don't most programs allow you to set this up.  I use Outlook
2007 and it lets me send messages only using the correct email address.  It is
also set up to send out plain text only as I've repeatedly told a few of the
Legacy police here.  Except this doesn't work when I respond to someone who
doesn't adhere to this rule so I have to manually convert my reply.  I wish the
system would do it automatically.

What does a mushroom feel like?

Bill