Doris,

Rootsweb is now owned by Ancestry.com, but part of their agreement when they
bought it was to keep it free.  Kirsten was, I believe, referring to the
Rootsweb Worldconnect Project, which is separate from Ancestry Public Member
trees.  Besides the relative ease of uploading a gedcom file to Worldconnect,
no one will have to pay to see it, plus you can remove it at any time.

We're getting dangerously close to being off-topic now, I suspect:-)

Connie