Legacy already provides fields for birth, death, burial, marriage, etc.
Have you considered attaching your photos as source detail under the
Multimedia tab, i.e. as proof of the events? instead of making photos
into their own events...

Making a photo of your father in the Navy could support an event of
Naval Service. There's a place for photos in Events.

It seems like you're trying to make Legacy do something that it doesn't
really do.
-----
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog/tag/iptc