The only reasons I can think that the images won't automatically update
is that:
1) They have different file-names.  --  I rarely change the name.  Because of
the size of the database and the prevalnce of some of the names ( I literally
have 15 Joe Blows) I name the files by RIN and document type (35106 Baptism,
1506 Marriage, etc).  I expected to lose the link if I changed the name.
2) They are being saved in a different file format.  -- The format is .jpg
across the board.
3) They are being saved to different locations.  --  After a recent computer
glitch that cost me three weeks and 3500 names, my digital source material and
my primary database are both on the same portable hard drive, which is where the
source material has always been.
JL
http://www.jgen.ws/jlog

Would the paths perhaps refresh when I exit Legacy at the end of my session?
I’ll admit that that is the one option I haven’t tried at this point.
Thanks,  JL, for taking the time to answer me.
Mo