(an aside to my Knight in shining armor thread)

I am trying to determine the best way to utilize Legacy (if at all) in
the uncertain situations - such as a family history claiming
Knighthood in the ancestry.

Seems to me there some choices:

- Enter the people - so they are not forgotten and/or are attached as
indicated so further leads/research/ideas/etc can be generated.  This
is what I've been doing, but I get the impression I'm being cautioned
about continuing in this fashion.  (Which is OK by me, I'm always open
to the pros/cons of my methodology so fire away.)  By doing things
this way, one would likely make use of private/invisible individuals
as well as lower surety levels.  These settings would be used to
suppress the information that has not been well proven thus far when
sharing publicly (reports, GEDCOMs, etc).  However, all the
information, links, locations, relationship, etc are in the database
and can be studied along with everything that is more sure.  At least
that has been my thinking so far.

- Do not enter the people, but make TODOs for further research - I
think this is what is being offered as a better way to go.  In this
mode, it seems to me, the data has been captured, but is not connected
and cannot really be studied in relation to everything else.  Because
things are disconnected, there seems to be a risk of forgetting/losing
track of things in your research.  The term 'forgetting' to me
indicating there is some level of mental capacity required for
maintaining the connections.  I don't see the same issue using the
previous approach.  Of course, there are probably ways of entering
TODOs to minimized this, but I think there is always this risk.  I've
not gone this route, so don't know if this risk is too high or not, on
the surface it seems it could be.  In this mode private and invisible
individuals and low surety ratings have little meaning that I can
think of.  Perhaps the appeal of this approach is that it is thought
this database is more clean/pure?

- Do not enter the people, do not make TODOs, and hope you can
remember all these hints/tips/leads next time you are at the library.
No one's suggesting this one, but I suppose it is an option.

Thoughts?

--
James Cook
GED Utils,  Ancestry Utils