Either way, the recommendation stands.  *Anything* in the data filed
will preclude you from using the Missing Information search or
inserting underlines for missing data.

Are you adding these individuals as unlinked individuals?  Have you
thought about tagging them as "uncertain where they fit"?

Whether they're tagged or no, you can readily find unlinked
individuals in the Miscellaneous tab in the Search window or by using
View > Tree Finder.

Also, you  might want to include a To-Do item for the unlinked
individuals with your task to find where they fit.

I have a lot of unlinked individuals in my file who may be possibilities.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support
Legacy Family Tree