I see your point. I use the numbers to quickly tell me my interest in
the individual I am examining. But since the numbers range from zero
to three, I think the original intention of the ancestor number was
someting like this:
0: No interest
1: Low interest
2: Medium interest
3: High interest

I use those numbers to help me in the search section to compile a list
of people for which I have an particular interest in researching at a
historical society I can print the list before going there.  At first,
I thought numbers should range from zero to twenty, or zero to ten, to
more accurately indicate my interest, since using this I like it. So
basically, I personally use it to indicate my current research
interest level of that person.

Thank you.

Robert