On 23/07/2011 15:23, Brian/Support wrote:
> Those are Ancestor and Descendant Interest indicators. A way for you to
> tell yourself how interested you are in researching the ancestors and
> descendants of this person. The meaning of the settings are explained in
> the help for the individual edit screen.

I have never used these indicators before, but I recently found a use
for them which suits me very well.  I am using a different combination
of A and D for each level of "grandparent" - grandparents, great
grandparents, 2xgreat grandparents and so on and by searching with Anc
equal to [#] AND Dec equal to [#] I can see at a glance how many of the
possible number of each set of grandparents I have managed to find so far.

--
Jenny M Benson