On 04/08/2011 22:47, Joan Kemp wrote:
> Ah - this now makes perfect sense.  I think the problem is one of
> completely different backgrounds.  In the UK, we don't really have
> collected records like this.  We just have parish registers&  the GRO
> indices from 1837.

And local Register Office Indices, and BMD Certificates from GRO and BMD
Certificates from local Register Offices, and Parish Record
Transcriptions from numerous sources ...

> I think I'll go back to my original method of working, but just ensure
> that is more systematic.

You can, of course, work any way you like, but it is coming across very
strongly from your posts that you really have not grasped the basics of
using Legacy to maximise its potential.  I really do recommend that you
take some time out to work through the Tutorial found under Help, look
at the training video previews (and purchase the videos if you can) and
also watch Geoff's Webinars on entering Source material.  Also remember
that pressing F1 on any screen will bring up context-specific help.  It
will be time well spent and save you a lot of time and heartache in the
long run.

--
Jenny M Benson