From: luisalr...@clix.pt
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] What about the future of my genealogy data
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:43:53 +0100

I'm 63 years old and I think that, maybe, I will not live forever ;-))

What must I do to maintain my information genealogy so my descendants can use
it?

Suppose that in the future Legacy disappears (knock on wood)  so they don’t
have it to maintain the database (or don't want to buy the program).

I’m assuming that:

1.      The export to GEDCOM format is the best way, but does it maintain ALL
the information?

          It has the advantage that all the genealogy software can read it and
being in .txt format even without a program it can be used.

2.      Without computer what’s the best report to capture all the information
in the database, so I can print it (for instance, annually) and keep it also in
.txt format.

It’s a little paranoic of me but I would like to know what is your opinion
about this.

Thanks

L.Salreta