To each his own, I suppose, but I would think entering multiple people as AKAs
would only serve to confuse things.

There are several men named Hancock living in the same vicinity in southern
Illinois. I have no idea which one (if any of them) is the father of my
gggrandmother.  The only way I'm going to answer that question is to research
each of these men and identify their children, their associates, their events.
I may never find anything that says John Hancock is the father of Jane Hancock,
but I may eventually find something that proves the names of William's
children, and Jane isn't among them.  Or that the third possibility, Benjamin
Hancock died 11 months before Jane was born.

Finding that evidence doesn't happen overnight, however, and even when it is
found doesn't prove that John was her father just because William and Benjamin
have been ruled out.  Nor does it mean that William and Benjamin, even if ruled
out as her father, were not otherwise related, perhaps as uncle, grandfather,
brother, or cousin.  That is why I want all four people in my database as
unlinked (until there is a reason to link one or more of them), so I see at any
given time what I actually know about Jane, John, William, and Benjamin.

Or am I'm misunderstanding that you would enter only one "possible" linked
father, say John, and identify William and Benjamin as John's AKAs?

(Names and details are made up in my example, but the general situation is not).

Connie