From: Jenny M Benson
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:40 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Events Listing Confusion

On 13/08/2011 00:27, mbstx wrote:
> However, how do you "source" a negative, that is a non-event?  I
> handle "didn't marry" and "had no children" with an explanation in
> the General Notes as to why I think that is so.

Not so easy to Source these usually.  If a child dies before reaching
possible puberty or before reaching legal marriageable age then the
Death Source would do it.  On the 1911 England & Wales Census married
women had to state the length of their current children and the number
of living/deceased children of that marriage so that can give a Source
for "no children" if the woman is over child-bearing age.  Also Personal
Knowledge of someone who knew the person for most of their life - parent
or sibling, perhaps.

Although I tick the boxes when I think it appropriate to do so, I must
admit that I don't Source these negatives.

--
Jenny M Benson