Marianne,

I have seen obituaries that explicity stated that a person had been married
for a number of years, but never had children. Using newspaper obituary as
a source might save some in the future from looking for non-existant
children. But I agree, I would probably information to Notes and add the
citation to the note.

There are lots of ways to handle such situations. Legacy lets the user
decide how they prefer to do it.

Jim
Legacy Family Tree
Technical Support