I add the actual text into the "text/comments" field because it's a fast way to see the details of the source.  I've scanned quite a few documents, but haven't yet attached them to anything in Legacy so I have to either open them from my C drive or go to the 3-ring binders where I have the documents filed.  I think this is another case of "do what you feel is best."

-----Original Message-----
From: Priscilla Glasow
Sent: Aug 21, 2011 10:51 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Text/Comments versus Scanned Image

Do I need to type an entire document's contents into the Text/Comments tab in the Source Detail if I've scanned the document and have it linked to the source?  I don't see the purpose of this and would like to save myself from the extensive time and effort needed to type in the text of each document.

Many thanks,
Priscilla

Follow Legacy on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LegacyFamilyTree) and on our blog (http://news.LegacyFamilyTree.com).