From: Paula Ryburn [mailto:paula.ryb...@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:41 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Picture Center '-' in Picture List ?

>From Legacy help:
The Picture List
The Picture File name list shows all the picture file formats supported by
Legacy.  The current folder name is shown in the title bar of the window.
You can change to a different folder by clicking the Browse button above the
list.  To choose a particular picture,  highlight the name by clicking on
it.  It will display in the preview window to the right (If you have the
Picture List tab selected).

The U column to the left of the file names indicates whether or not each
picture has been attached to someone in your family file already.  The +
means that picture in that folder has been attached to someone.  The - means
that file name has been attached to someone but from a different picture
folder.  For example, you may be looking at grandpa.bmp in the
Legacy\Pictures folder but another file called grandpa.bmp in the
Legacy\Reunion\Pictures folder is currently being used somewhere in your
file.  (You should be careful not to have different picture files with the
same name located in different folders.  It will surely confuse you at some
point…

How do we go about finding out where else the program thinks this file
resides?  MOST of my pictures have the '-' in this column, but I'm looking
at the path in the lower left corner and all the files are in the Pictures
folder (which is my default under Customize).  I don't think I have files
elsewhere, surely not MOST of them... that's what I've been pondering
today... locations and filenames.

Could it be the '-' means something else?  Or is there a way for me to run a
"repair" to reset these correctly?

Thanks for your patience today as I seemingly monopolize the list!
--Paula in Texas
Researching: Adair Baker Beasley Benson Betz Bigley Blagrave Burton Chapman
Clement Clough Coppernoll Costine Daulton Dinwiddie Doody Ellis Exline Field
Floran Floyd Gates Goodale Gordon Gump Hale Harbaugh Hind Hopkins Hughes
Hurdle Jones Klein Koyle Laswell McDonald Misner Passwaters Pelton Roberts
Roche Ryburn Short Singer Sullivan Weller Williams