From: Joan Kemp [mailto:jk...@yahoo.com]
Sent: 03 September 2011 20:19
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Source Name Filing System

For what its worth, I now keep a copy of everything relevant to a particular
person under the research tab for that person.

Marriage info goes on both parties' pages.

Census info likewise, eg the census info below will be available from Thomas',
Eliza's & Emily's pages, with the individual highlighted

1861 census - RG9; Piece: 688; Folio: 32; Page: 34;
Kings Somborne, Hants
Thomas H. Smith 46 Registration clerk & Relieving Officer, b King's Sombourne
Eliza A. Smith   55,  Wife,  b. King's Sombourne  - bold because this is on
Eliza's page & her details are highlighted.
Emily M. Smith, dau, 14, Scholar, b Kings Somborne, Hants

I have developed a template for summarising wills & include a will summary
whenever relevant.

This way I can easily access all the info about one person, and also see links
easily.  I keep a note also of photos & other source info.

You may regard this as a 'lumper' solution, but its worked for me over many
years.

All the best

Joan