On 23/09/2011 03:30, Beth wrote:
> The problem isn't with just that year date, it is happening
> throughout Legacy.  I type as 17 Jun 1938-9   or 17 Jun 1938/9    and
> it shows up as....  0009-17 Jun 1938 .  Just the input of a year it
> does not change.  All the date slots.. Born, Bapt, Died, Buried is
> effected.

You are trying to enter dates in a format which Legacy doesn't recognise.

You could enter 17 June 1938 or 1939 which would probably be clear in
meaning to you and Legacy doesn't seem to see that as a "Problem Date"
but it would probably make it difficult, if not impossible, to do
Searches and Calculations involving those dates.

It would be preferable to enter 17 June 1938 in the "main" field and
then add an Alt event for 17 June 1939.  Legacy has default Events for
Alt Birth, Alt Baptism, Alt Burial, Alt Death and Alt Marriage.  (I
found it necessary to add an Alt Cencus Event where people had been
enumerated in 2 different places!)
--
Jenny M Benson