---

Hi all,

I received birth records for my grandfather from a state municipal archive iin
Germany (photocopies). Because I had the names of his parents, I was also sent
photocopies of police reporting forms regarding them. Apparently, it was
customary for the police to keep files of local residents' addresses. These
were updated whenever a person moved.

Coincidently, these forms gave the birth dates of  my grandfather's parents.
These records are clearly not birth records. I want to document that
information. How do I do that?

Checking through the sourcewriter templates, I could not find a category to
fit this governmental reporting category. The generic option did not include
photocopies for any source. In the help section, I found a description of the
source type using the basic system that allows someone to add new types simply
by tying them. Is that my best option? Opinions welcome.

Best, Margaret

.