From: Margaret DeAcetis
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 1:48 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Master Source--what template to choose to record
information?

            Hi all,

            I received birth record for my grandfather from a state municipal
archive
            in Germany (photocopies). Because I had the names of his parents, I
was
            also sent photocopies of other documents.

            Coincidently, these other documents gave the birth dates of my
            grandfather's parents. These documents are clearly not birth
records.
            I want to document that information. How do I do that?

            Checking through the sourcewriter templates, I could not find a
category
            to fit these governmental documents. Should I use the generic option
            and select generic, manuscript? In the help section, I found a
            description of the source type using the basic system that allows
            someone to add new types simply by tying them.  Is that my best
option?
            Opinions welcome.

            Thanks, Margaret