On 16/10/2011 19:52, John Gregson wrote:
> Using 7.5; under Win7-32.
>
> Source Writer screen
>        Assigned Sources for:
>                Text / Comments
>
> What is the difference between Master Text and Detail Text?

Both Master Sources and Source Details have fields for Text and for
Comments.  This is how I use them, when I do:

In Master Source Text I will enter an "official" description of the
Source, if I think it necessary/helpful, usually taking such information
from the webpage the Master Source relates to.  One example is "The
object of the [project] is to provide an on-line index of the 194,815
burials that took place in this cemetary from 1840 to 1978. There have
also been a small number of burials since that time in family sites."
In Master Source Comments I will add information such as "This person is
my 2nd cousin and their tree is unsourced."

FIn Detail Source Text I will enter the actual text of the particular
Source, which would be a copy of the information from a FamilySearch
page, or a transcript of a Birth Certificate, for example.    Source
Detail Comments are a comment on the specific record/document I am
citing, such as writing "Patron submission" where appropriate for a
record from the IGI.
--
Jenny M Benson