Ron, I have been mulling over your answer.

I agreed with the idea of Joan using "online database" because the online
database she was using contained a congomeration of data from many sources.

However, if I'm reading your answer correctly (which I may not be!), you're
saying because she found the data in an online database, she should use that
template, right?

I get my census images from an online database (or at least online repository),
but I don't use the online database template for sure.  Likewise, state data.

Just because it's available online doesn't mean you should use the online
database template, right?

Or are you really just trying to clarify what to select for the "format" on any
source template?

I'm trying not to worry too much, but I don't want to record my sources in such
a way as to be misleading to those who would come after me; don't want to cause
them to not be able to find it themselves.
Thanks!

 --Paula in Texas
Researching: Adair Baker Beasley Benson Betz Bigley Blagrave Burton Chapman
Clement Clough Coppernoll Costine Daulton Dinwiddie Doody Ellis Exline Field
Floran Floyd Gates Goodale Gordon Gump Hale Harbaugh Hind Hopkins Hughes Hurdle
Jones Klein Koyle Laswell McDonald Misner Passwaters Pelton Roberts Roche Ryburn
Short Singer Sullivan Weller Williams