I also don't use the American way of doing locations, but I do use the
geolocation database to put longitude and latitude data into all my
locations.

I don't use Bing.  I'm quite happy with the Legacy mapping, except that
it assumes that the leftmost field of 4 is a town.  I would love to use
locations including street addresses and, in fact, that was what I did
until advised otherwise.  Maybe if I had known about this mailing list I
would have done things differently.

I found that the actual location was off the Dardanelles, so I've taken
the Geo Dardanelles location and changed it to "At sea off the
Dardanelles, Çanakkale, Turkey" which fits nicely.

Everything else is in the Cause of death field.

Cheers

Tony