I've always recorded my Census information as an event; copying the Event
to the clipboard (including all the sourcing) and then pasting it to all of
the individuals shown in that census works very quickly once the event &
sourcing has been entered that first time. Hope this is what you are
asking. I haven't been using it that much lately so I guess there's
something new that I haven't used yet.  I am not sure what "Census and
Residence Tags" are.

Kathy