Jemima,

If you're sending a Gedcom or a new Legacy file, there's an AutoSource
button in the lower right corner.  You have to select the source you
want to include.

You can also include Compile Information, but that just shows up in
the gedcom and isn't actually imported. When you export to a new
Family FIle, then the Compiler info is included but that doesn't act
as a source.

I would recommend that if she's using Legacy also, it's better just to
share backups, although the data isn't going to flag like it will if
you export to a new Family File with AutoSource.  If you're working on
the file together, take a look at the IntelliShare feature - you can
find more about it in the Help file or on the website
www.LegacyFamilyTree.com > Help Center > Tips

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support