In the children's settings screen the birth relationship uses
biological. If you are going to add a source for a biological
parent-child relationship then you should also input data in the
children's settings screen. If you do not input that biological
relationship then reports will not report it nor will the source
citation be included.

The sources screen includes a list of possible places you can enter data
but you should only use those where there is data entered. The source
list includes such things as a sources for "never married", "had no
children" for a marriage for example but these should only be used if
you have checked the appropriate box on the marriage information screen.
The rel to father and rel to mother are similar, the sources entered on
those should only be linked if you have actually entered a father/mother
relationship. I would use a birth certificate as a source for the name
and birth of the child. In the same way that a couple are considered
married if no special status is entered on the marriage scree, the
relationship of the child to the parents as biological is assumed.

For myself I would only go through that process to document parent-child
relationships for other than biological parents. Adopted children for
example with adoption papers as the sources. For a second marriage where
some children are step children of one parent I might use the second
marriage documentation as a source but generally I do not source step
relationships even though I will indicate the step relationship to the
second spouse on the children setting screen when I link the child of a
first marriage to a second marriage for report purposes.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
br...@legacyfamilytree.com
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!
When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.