Ron, I have noticed before that you don't seem to read messages very carefully
before replying.

I did not say that all Registration Districts are named after a town and I did
not say that the presentation of Registration Districts is inaccurate.

I did say that the presentation of counties is deliberately inaccurate in the
transcription and hence in the Household View, the Indexing and the Search
facility as well.

For instance, if you know that a person or family lived in Northamptonshire,
you will never find them by searching in the Findmypast census transcriptions
if they happen to live in the Northamptonshire part of Banbury RD because
Findmypast knows that Banbury (the town) is in  Oxfordshire and changes
Northamptonshire on the census page image to Oxfordshire.

Take the Mold family. If you do an exact search in the 1881 census for people
living in Northamptonshire with surname Mold, Ancestry will give you 126
individuals but Findmypast will give you only 30.

You might also have deduced that when I alleged that Findmypast ignore "the
fact that the actual County for the location concerned is correctly written on
the original registration form" this means that I do know where to find an
address on a census page.  In the Findmypast 1911 census images you can also
click on an "Address" link to see the accompanying form which the enumerator
has filled out; it is sometimes illuminating to compare the two versions of the
address.

John Clifford