Paul and Ron, FTM v16 uses a straight forward two screen templet similar
to Legacy's basic source approach.  V16 was discontinued in 2008 when
Ancestry tried to invent the wheel, but there is little difference
between the two programs when selecting an existing source or
adding/creating a new source. From FTM v16 to Legacy this part works as
it should. Both FTM and Legacy require knowledge of correct source
format. When a source citation is entered from scratch, and not from a
GEDCOM, the check boxes under the text and comments "add this
text to the source citation" work and the source and citation information
appear as they should in the printed reports.

Paul, your comment leads me to believe that Legacy does not automatically
populate these text/comment boxes when importing a GEDCOM file. It could
be that FTM does not keep the data in a correctly named GEDCOM field.
Interestingly, there were not GEDCOM errors noted.

Leonard

53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4f38274d4f5cc10b1176st02vuc