From: gambol [mailto:gam...@juno.com]
Sent: February-12-12 1:55 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy 7.5 and source citation import?

Paul and Ron, FTM v16 uses a straight forward two screen templet similar to
Legacy's basic source approach.  V16 was discontinued in 2008 when Ancestry
tried to invent the wheel, but there is little difference between the two
programs when selecting an existing source or adding/creating a new source.
From FTM v16 to Legacy this part works as it should. Both FTM and Legacy
require knowledge of correct source format. When a source citation is entered
from scratch, and not from a GEDCOM, the check boxes under the text and
comments "add this text to the source citation" work and the source and
citation information appear as they should in the printed reports.

Paul, your comment leads me to believe that Legacy does not automatically
populate these text/comment boxes when importing a GEDCOM file. It could be
that FTM does not keep the data in a correctly named GEDCOM field.
Interestingly, there were not GEDCOM errors noted.

Leonard

53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4f38274d4f5cc10b1176st02vuc