From: gambol <gam...@juno.com>
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Sent: Tue, February 14, 2012 7:02:18 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Controlling Subsequent Citation Details [WAS:  Legacy
7.5 and source citation import?]

Ward, I just responded to Paula on Subsequent Citation Details and yes, I
should have changed to a new tread.

I have been using the Basic Source templates and not the SourceWriter.
This is my first serious attempt in becoming familiar with Legacy, but
the SourceWriter is similar to that used in FTM. Both yield a bloated
foot/endnote.  I have one database that yields 35 pages of endnotes with
nearly all being one line.  The templet approach would considerable
considerably more pages and be harder to follow for the less experienced.

I am at a decision point with FamilyTreeMaker.  Either I change programs,
and Legacy looks to be the best option, or build a state-of-the-art XP
machine and stay with v16 of FTM.  FTM v16 is not stable in Vista and
researchers with Win7 say forget it. Latter version of FTM are similar to
RootsMagic and designed around marketing, not ease of use.

So much for the soap box. Would you point me to the 2009 archives and I
will see if I can master the master and detail files.

Thanks for your help,
Leonard