I have always been a big believer in ESM's method of citing your sources but
after completely my BCG portfolio, I am starting to think it is overkill.  I
think I can cite the necessary info in a shorter, easier to read format and
thus would start using the Basic Style to record my sources.  My only
concern is submitting any work for publication.  Will genealogical
publications consider your work if your reports are NOT in the ESM style?  I
wrote a genealogy column for the newspaper for 5 years and I have had
several minor articles published in genealogical magazines but nothing in
the big ones like the NGS quarterly.  I use Legacy for all of my data and
then I extract it as needed.  Changing from Sourcewriter back to Basic would
be a big step for me and I don't want to mess myself up when it comes to
submitting material for publication.

michele