Elisabeth,

perhaps you could send a screenshot of what you mean but think you mean the
formating information needed from Word.

Upto now I don't see a reason to use the RTF Output.

With the RTF Output we lose a lot of information from the Standard Output
(Screen/Printer).

E.g.
Position and formating of the included pictures.
Most pictures don't have the same size and alignment.

The
        Table of Contents
        Index of Names

have to be created again.

The Index of Locations is missing.

As an example with 7 Generations.

With the Standard Output I get 24 pages with all information.
With the RTF Output I get 38 pages with the above information missing.

The Standard Output takes in my case about 10 second to creat.
The RTF Output takes about the same time for the basic file with a lot of
information lost.
To get the RTF to like the Standrard Output takes hours every time created and
that for adding just one date.

Why use it. Something to think about.

Bernahrd