On 2012/02/23 23:05, KenMcGinnis wrote:
> Dennis and Bjørn and any other users who have a problem with your mail readers
> not threading things properly.

They're not the only ones! I just gave up complaining about threading issues,
years ago. TBird/10 also has problems correctly threading messages from this
list.

> I have reported the threading issue to SmarterMail a couple of times over the
> last couple years. Each time this heated thread starts. I'm really sorry that
> they don't seem to want to fix the problem. What would help would be if we had
> more people complaining to them and maybe they would decide it was worth
> fixing.

if what Bjorn is saying (about the Message-ID: and List-Id: headers) is correct,
then they are not totally compliant with RFC5322. This specifies the standards
that should be used for *all* internet messages.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry