Seems to me that the idea is to be able to associate an individual to the
sources from which they sprung and to be able to retrieve the data as needed.
I see no problem with having a person cited on their parents MRIN filing and
when married 1st, 2nd, etc., that the sources contain the MRIN for that
marriage.  I have been using this method for many years and am able to retrieve
the source document no matter if it bears a Grandparent, parent, Uncles
obituary, etc., with ease.  For example, I have all source data filed by
MRIN+nnn  (1234-123), the number affixed to each source document, filed that
way, then scanned to my C:/Legacy/Docs file and added to the referenced
individual Source/Event as needed. The individual may have sources from a
plethora of MRIN's, but the filing system allows me to retrieve the document
either hard copy or from my C:/Legacy/Docs file pretty easy. I'm sure there are
more elaborate and better systems, but this MRIN+nnn has worked for me thus
far. I take no credit for this method since this was a system promulgated by
another Legacy party some years ago and it is pretty intuitive.

Bob