Are you referring to *linking* pictures to Legacy? Downloading refers
to copying files from a server on the internet to your computer.

 What is this "download" folder you have? Pictures you link to in
Legacy should be stored in the c:\Legacy\Pictures folder.

What "Master file" are you referring to? Is that your Family File?

You can link an unlimited number of pictures in each Picture Gallery.

You're probably referring to the "question mark" icon as the place
holder. That shows up when an attached item is moved from its original
location, deleted or renamed. When you link pictures to Legacy, they
need to be in the place where you want to keep them stored and not
move them after linking.

Sincerely,
Sherry
Technical Support