Our replys crossed! :) Just what I was saying!
Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:01 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Using IntelliShare

This is an excellent point.  The most important thing to remember is that
when all duplicates have been resolved, a given individual can have only one
RIN.  The renumbering that I recommended was not on the master file but on
the collaborator files as they are combined back into the master and before
the IntelliMerge process is executed.  If the collaborator has not added any
new records to his copy of the file, then the Intellishare values will match
up and automatically merge all records in his copy with the master and no
new RINs will remain.  If he has added new records, and therefore new
Intellishare values, those RINs will remain at the bottom of the Name List
and be easy to spot and use for any further work.

I would not renumber the master file without some major consideration to web
sites, etc. as Ron Ferguson has suggested.
Ron Taylor