I am one of those that would like more tags. I have suggested it a number
of times over the last few years via the Legacy suggestions page but no
progress appears to have been made to increase them.

I appreciate that we all use them in different ways - if using them for
specific projects than perhaps 9 is enough but if like me you use them for
a multitude of things then the limit of 9 is very restrictive.

Primarily I use them to flag up details about individual records that you
can see at a glance. For example I use separate tags to show if there is a
birth, death or marriage certificate held for an individual, in addition I
use others to show if I hold wills, or if I have added them to the Lost
Cousins website. So you see there are many uses other than to simply form
groups for search operations etc.

By then displaying tags on the individual record (yes I would also like to
be able to display more as well (why not as many as ten or even more) you
can see at a glance additional data about the individual rather than having
to go into the record itself. Also in the index view you can customise the
columns to display tags so that you can see comparable data for
groups/families.

In my opinion the tags are an important part of Legacy which are at present
underused simply because of the limited number available. I realise however
that there are perhaps many of you that are happy with the current limit
and if that is the case then fine, as additional tags could be made a
customisable option for those that wish to have more.

Paul