Marg,

Actually, I prefer it that way.  Imagine how difficult it would be to find
records if they were all listed on Ancestry.com under the jurisdiction when the
event took place.  Some of my places are listed 4 or 5 different ways in my
location list because of how they were known through the years.

This is just another good reason why we need to study the history too.

Mary