I know this is off topic, but if someone can help it would be greatly
appreciated.
I am looking at a parish register from Westmoreland in the 1780s. I keep
seeing a name with Supp. after it, where the surname should go. Always
the father is there, with any surname, usually not matching the surname
of the child, which would come before the Supp. The mother's name is
always given (in many cases ii does not appear, which is what makes this
term interesting), and no mention or appearance of His Wife or similar
designation. I suspect that the term has something to do with
illegitimate, but then how would they always know the father's name? You
can send me private answers.

Carl     ct...@centurytel.net