For those who use Win 7 there is an inbuilt tool called “Snipping Tool” which
enables you to select any portion of the screen and save as a jpg.

Ron Ferguson
http://www.fergys.co.uk/

From: Lavern Hall
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:53 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyUsers.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Saving an article with GenealogyBank

Very informative, thanks a lot everyone!
Lavern Hall

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Jackie King <jskin...@gmail.com> wrote:

  This is a personal preference - but I do like to clip articles out of a full
page newspaper for web use. (I save the full page as a pdf in another file
outside of legacy but use the clipped article within legacy.)Â  I really really
detest one page pdf's in general.  PDF's may be great for saving multi-page
documents but they were never really designed for one page use and tend to lend
themselves to what even Adobe terms as "PDF bloat".

  I found a free pdf converter on line (google for them or use a service like
cnet to spot them). They work well and allow you to save a pdf as a jpeg - and
you can crop away.

  Jackie