Paula,

You are correct, (as far as I know anyway),  that the actual report would not
print if it is only linked as a pdf or Word document.  It would be cited
though. The template is built into the source writer in Legacy, from page 156
of Evidence Explained.  But as I said before, you would at least have the
actual research report linked to the person, and that is enough for me.  You
could choose to copy some or all of it and put it in the research notes.  I
prefer to just link it and I have it saved on my hard drive, and if I so
choose, I can also print out a hard copy to file.

In regards to your second question, yes, it can be exactly what Michelle was
talking about.

Everyone- professionals and hobbyists, can benefit from writing a research or
narrative report. A report can help you preserve your work for yourself or
others, document research results, clarify analysis and support conclusions,
especially in complex cases.  It also helps you see where you have "holes" in
your research. Proper citations are included and both positive and negative
searches. I know it does take extra effort to write a full, quality report, but
I feel it pays off in many ways.  There are many times that I wish I had
written one after a research session to record my objectives, processes,
conclusions and what I wanted to do next.  I do take advantage of the To-Do's
in Legacy, the note sections, and the Source Writer, but a report rounds these
out nicely.  I choose to type it in Word format and then I convert it to a PDF
format so I can share it with others that are interested.

Monique