Thanks everyone!

My main concern was with identifying images and I do agree that adding
the date of birth, or even just the birth year, would resolve my confusion
and allow for quick identification. I've gone back into my Legacy Picture
directory and changed the spelling of names to adhere to the name used on
birth records plus I added a birth year. Surprising only two family members
with the same name were born on the same year. Fortunately, the images
weren't linked to individuals, so my next step is linking and sourcing
images to individuals.

As for the various spellings *not* being actual AKAs. Absolutely.  Jenny
Benson said, "I record names as they appear, but I don't record all the
variations as AKAs, preferring to use AKA only for where someone actually
used 2 (or more) different names."  I agree, and I think following this
rule will keep my data simplified in a way that it will be understood by
other family members later. Since most of my ancestors have migrated to the
US, the majority of their names have been Americanized. One of my uncles,
for example, whose birth name is Cateno, was called Gus. Cateno goes on his
individual record, Gus goes in his AKA. The 1920 US Census has him listed
as August, but since we (the family) don't know him this way, I did a
Census Event and did not record August as an AKA.

Again, thanks everyone for your input.

Lavern Hall
Aurora, Ohio, USA