> Definitely very helpful!  I started with my grandfather, what was I
> thinking, lol!!   I have 275 people in my tree.  I'm 2nd generation
> sicilian and 3rd generation italian.  My family is not very big.

Good to know we're helping.  :-)

Don't count on your family file staying small.  It depends on where your
curiosity takes you, not how many brothers and sisters you and your
parents have!  Once you go back a few generations, then start recording
every descendant of your ancestors, it grows fast!

What you make of your own family tree, and Legacy file, is up to you.
Some people have fairly small trees, but have researched each and every
person in great detail.  Others like to make connections and record
people that they've only been told about by other cousins, even though
they'll probably never go into more detail than the name and a few dates
for most of these more-distant relatives. Both a valid methods for the
people doing the work, and that's what is important.

I only look closely at my near family, but like to know how other people
connect to me.  If I didn't, I wouldn't now know that one of my friends
from high school is a distant cousin to my partner, or that a famous New
Zealand runner connects to both of my parents. Currently sitting on
16,000+ people in my file, but I don't know most of them intimately, and
that suits me fine.

Wendy